Totally stole this from Amy Oztan over at selfishmom.com and behindthescreen.com. But she said I could!! Check her out! She’s the kind of blogger I only WISH I could be! Maybe she’ll give me lessons… Anyway, THANKS AMY!!
Compensation levels will be stated clearly at the beginning or end of any post that mentions a product, service or location that is covered by any of the levels listed below (or possibly within a post if there are many products listed, such as a gift list). If no compensation level is listed, it is to be assumed that there was no compensation involved with the post or any products, services or locations mentioned in the post. For the purposes of these levels user does not consider transportation to and from a local event, or food consumed at an event, as compensation. Compensation refers to cash, gift certificates, products, or services.
- Level 1: The product or service mentioned was provided to the blogger free of charge (or at a considerable discount not available to the public).
- Level 2: The product or service mentioned was provided free of charge and the blogger was compensated to post about the product or service.
- Level 3: The blogger was compensated for inserting links from a specific website into this post.
- Level 4: The blogger was compensated for including a product in pictures or videos in this post.
- Level 5: The blogger was compensated for attending the event mentioned in this post.
- Level 6: The blogger was compensated for posting about the event mentioned in this post.
- Level 7: The blogger was provided with transportation, food, lodging, tickets, and/or other incidentals for the trip mentioned in this post.
- Level 8: Although not specifically compensated for this post, the blogger has an ongoing relationship with a company or person connected with a product, service or location mentioned in this post that the blogger feels may have influenced his/her decision to post about it.
- Level 9: Products or services were provided to the blogger to give away in a contest.
- Level 10: Products or services were provided to the blogger to give away in a contest and to keep for his/her own use or for review.
- Level 11: the blogger was compensated for administering this contest.
- Level 12: The product or service mentioned advertises directly with the blogger’s website.
If the blogger is given free products of minimal value at a conference, event or meeting that are being given to all attendees, such as bags, books, water bottles, small product samples, coupons, etc., he/she does not consider these items as compensation and will not necessarily disclose them when talking about a product.
The existing numbers for the compensation levels will never change. However, additional numbers may be added, without notice. If you have any suggestions for additional compensation levels, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org